A F T E R C A R E
Please note that each client is unique in their skin type, structure, healing process and response to the procedures, as such, end results and healing time will be different for each individual. These Aftercare instructions are recommended to be taken as a guide only. Eye Art Studio makes NO implied or written guarantee if you do not take care of your new cosmetic tattoo.
Aftercare is just as important, if not more than the completed eyebrow tattoo work.
There are not many things you need to do following a cosmetic tattoo procedure with us in caring for your new tattoo, besides the appropriate and easy to follow aftercare directions which will be given to Eye Art Studio clients post treatment.
Our simple and highly effective aftercare guide has been studied, trialed, researched and tested over time to strict standards. It ensures the very best healing results and longevity for your cosmetic tattoo. As such, our aftercare guide must be followed. An aftercare pack is given to each client following a procedure, with our compliments. Only products given in our aftercare pack may be used on the treated areas.
WHAT NOT TO DO POST PROCEDURE
During the healing process, clients may also experience some tightening, dryness or itchiness around the treated area as their skin starts to form scabbing. This is absolutely normal, and is part of your body's natural healing process. Below is a list of what not to do whilst your new cosmetic tattoo is healing:
- Do not scratch, or pick at the scabbing and flaking, let them fall out naturally
- Do not use cosmetics or any chemical products on or near the treated area (including anti-acne, anti-ageing treatments and creams)
- Do not use Vaseline, Neosporin or other petroleum based products while healing
- Do not color or bleach the treated areas (in the case of eyebrow tattoos) for at least 6 weeks from the procedure
- Do not exercise or participate in activities which promote sweating for a few days prior and one week after the procedure
- Do not swim, use a spa or steam room within 1 week of your procedure
- Do not soak the treated area under water or or having the shower head over the treated area for at least 1 week following your procedure
LONG TERM CARE FOR YOUR COSMETIC TATTOO
As you enjoy your new cosmetic tattoo, it is important to continue taking care of your investment so that you can continue to enjoy it for much longer. Below are some care advice for your cosmetic tattoo:
- Continue to avoid direct, harsh sun exposure or sunbeds
- Ask your beautician to avoid the treated area if you receive intensive facial and anti-ageing treatments such as chemical peels, microdermabrasion, Glyolic acid peels etc
- Advise your beautician to avoid the treated area if you receive laser or skin removal treatments such as IPL and other laser resurfacing treatments
- Be sure to book your 2nd session within 8 weeks from your 1st session
- Refresher/Touch Ups are encouraged within 12 months from your 1st session to encourage optimal results